Thursday, August 13, 2009

"A Heavy Day"

"Our God may drench us with grief, but He will refresh us with His mercy. Our Lord's love letters often come to us in black-edged envelopes. His wagons rumble, but they are loaded with benefits." As I have been reflecting and praying for the Rowe family today the Lord brought me this through my quiet time. If you have never read the devotional Streams in the Desert than you are missing out. My dear friend Courtney introduced it to me and it is wonderful. We have to remind ourselves that God is merciful even in the midst of grief. He is a good God and does love us.

1 comment:

  1. Morgan...
    How is Barry handling all of this? I know he and Jason are so close. Jenny and Hillary are complete wrecks. Such a tragedy...no one should have to go through this.

    Todd

    ReplyDelete