Tuesday, August 18, 2009

" A Summer of Sovereignty"

When I think about the sovereignty of God I will always reflect on the summer of 09. He "works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will" It has been one of those summer's where God has been so prevalent in the good areas and the bad. The verse that keeps coming to my head over and over again is "His love endures forever." (Ps. 136) Yesterday was one of the hardest days I have ever experienced. It was a day of grief, love, grace, hope, and peace all thrown into one. I can't help but think about the Lord's sovereignty and how He has chosen to save his people from their sin and consequences if we decide to trust and follow Him.
Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of the vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn." May I find the Lord's favor in this year even if I am so ready for 09 t be over. GOD IS GOOD. May I not just type it but truly BELIEVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment